We receive and store any information you enter on our websites or give us in any other way. We collect two types of information from you on our websites, mobile applications, via email, and through our service providers and distribution partners. Personal Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We also collect Other Information that does not identify you personally, such as gender, country of residence and other demographic information.
When you register with Melancaran, we ask for basic information including your name and email address, and Other Information such as your signup location. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Melancaran and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose Personal Information, including your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide Personal Information when purchasing one of our supplier's products or services, we cannot confirm your purchase or facilitate your booking.
If you book a tour or excursion with third-party suppliers facilitated by Melancaran, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our websites. If you save such payment details on Melancaran, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in your Account Settings.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Melancaran website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you tours or excursions near you when you are travelling. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Application. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- For registration and to manage your account, including to allow your access to and use of our site; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Melancaran
- To provide you with the information you request about our products
- To send you email marketing messages and information
- To enable our third-party suppliers to fulfill your bookings
- To confirm your purchases
- To ensure you are correctly billed
- To enable us to publish content you submit to us to our family of websites and on our Applications
- To measure and track demographic details about our customers
- To target content on our website to more closely match your interests and otherwise customize your experience with Melancaran, including customizing the ads shown to you
- To target the appropriate content for email marketing messages to better match your interests
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, websites and Applications
- To notify you about offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys
- To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection
- To tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors' use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
Other Parties To Share Your Information With
If you connect to Melancaran using Facebook, we may show you reviews, photos and tours that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on Melancaran. Note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using Melancaran, they may also share information about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, please review your Facebook privacy settings.
Some of the Personal Information we collect is shared with our service providers (e.g. tour operators) who are directly involved in fulfilling the purchases you have made from us. We only provide our service providers with your name and your local contact details, if you provide them (e.g., your hotel name for pick-ups and drop-offs, your local phone number, your mobile phone number, your email address, etc.) We do not provide our service providers with any other Personal Information.
We also share your Personal Information with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or Applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions or otherwise establish or exercise our legal rights; (e) to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or those of any of our affiliates, our customers, or others; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (h) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; (i) in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy; or (j) as otherwise required by law.
How To Organize Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by accessing your account via the Melancaran website. If you update any of your information, we may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy.
You can also close your Melancaran account by accessing your account via the Melancaran website. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your Personal Information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
Melancaran is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
How To Contact Us
For some Melancaran services you can access and update your registration and Personal Information online.